09 November 2008

One of Those Days

Yesterday was quite the day. A few weeks ago we found a guy who wanted to buy our trike from us and pay $800 for it (which is a great buy, if you know how much trikes actually cost). He was an older gentleman and was hoping to find something he could ride without much stress on his body, which is exactly what recumbent trikes are for. Anyway, the money would have really helped us out a lot because things are very very tight now, and I definitely got my hopes up way higher than I should have. So the gentleman came over to our apartment yesterday, listed a whole bunch of good things about the trike and sounded like he really wanted it, but when he found out that it was too big to go through his door (without him having to pick it up) he decided he didn't want it and would look for something else. I'll admit I cried. $800 would have been a huge blessing for us, but I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, and there was a reason we didn't get the extra money yesterday. I just wish I knew in advance, but that's not how it works (^_^)

2 comments:

  1. Men!! LOL
    So do your parents have a date set?
    We're finally setting up our crib...ok-well, Matt is putting up the crib and I am watching the Amazing Race...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat that they are getting remarried.
    You know about diamonds (my geology self coming out) the way to be able to tell if your diamond is real is the fact that it does have flaws. If it doesn'y it might not be real. Interesting huh! I really like your analogy of your ring.

    ReplyDelete