20 November 2008

Five Months and Forever


Uriah is five months old now! I know I've said it before, but I feel like he has been with me for so much longer than that. But 5 months is a great milestone. Uriah can roll all around the room and lately he has been getting up on his elbows and knees, enough to lift his chubby tummy up off the floor. He can sit up himself as long as he doesn't lean to the left or right...then he falls over, but I'm sure that very soon he will be crawling and sitting up all on his own. But I don't want him to grow up too fast. These moments are precious and few, and I hope I never forget them. Uriah is such a joy and treasure, and I thank Heavenly Father every day that He has given me such a blessing.

In other news, I decided to buy Wall-E, even though I had never seen it before. And guess what? I LOVED it! I loved it from the very first second, when it started playing "Put on Your Sunday Clothes" from the musical Hello, Dolly! Besides the music, the movie itself is very fun and enjoyable. Who would have known a robot could have looked so cute? What is even more interesting is the bonus features, where they have a special clip about building a movie from the "sound up" and all the different ways they made the noises for the movie. It was pretty darned awesome. My husband is going to take me to see Twilight tomorrow, which is really exciting and surprising at the same time because he told me he had absolutely no interest in that movie whatsoever, and maybe he still doesn't, but at least he loves me enough to take me to a chick flick movie (^_^)

I feel a great weight lifted off of me tonight, because I finally finished my last big paper project of the semester. After tonight, I've got nothing to worry about except finals, which will be in three weeks. It will feel great to finally have this semester over with, but I know that next semester will be the hardest because it will be the last semester I will have left to graduate, and I know I will become what missionaries call trunky. Although I know it will be hard, it will be worth it to have a degree, something no one else in my family has, and that after five years of college I can finally figure out what to do with my life. I am so thankful that I have been able to received the education I have, that there is such a thing as financial aid to allow those students who do not have the money to receive an excellent education.
I'm sticking in this extra picture and video of Uriah, for all those who like to see them. Jared took the picture of Uriah. He fell asleep in the car seat but when Jared tried to get him out Uriah would not let go of his toy elephant, even in his sleep! The video is just of Jared and Uriah messing around and having a good time. Jared is such a good daddy and takes such good care of Uriah. I don't know where I would be without either of them.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful blog.
    I can not believe Uriah is growing up so quick.
    Can you believe you only have one semester left! Crazy hu!!
    Have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do grow up so fast. It is good to get lots of time with them. Juliet is trying to walk and I am just not ready for it. I love watching her try and stand up in the middle of the room by herself, but it means that my baby is growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally love the video. His laugh is soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, we got our pictures taken at Sears in the mall. It was ok..we didn't care too much for the lady that took the pictures..but eh..it turned out ok. We plan on doing more pictures when Jeriah turns 1.
    And no, I'm not pregnant...not sure if i am happy or sad about it.

    ReplyDelete