07 November 2008

Da Baby

So I decided I would just get it over with and put up most of the stuff I have of Uriah right now. He was born 21 June 2008, weighed 7 lbs even and was 22 inches long. He is a very very long little guy! Long and skinny, like...well, not like his daddy, but a lot like quite a few of his aunts and uncles on his grandma mccurdy's side. He's got what we like to call a little pirate eye. It's not a lazy eye, because his actual eye is just fine, it's just that his eye lid doesn't open up all the way, but the doctor says it will eventually, and that it probably had some extra pressure put on it during labor...which is kinda funny because I only pushed for 20 minutes. We love him no matter what he looks like though (^_^) He has been the most joyful thing in my life, and even though he is only four months old, I feel like he has been mine forever. Being a mother is one of the happiest things in my life, although everyone says that will change when my baby can start to crawl or walk, but who cares, I know I'll still be happy.



Uriah is the first and only grandbaby of grandma and grandpa McCurdy, and boy do they love him to bits. Even though grandpa McCurdy is afraid to hold him sometimes because he thinks he will get spit up on or pooped on, I know he wouldn't really mind if it happened. Poop happens, as those baby onesies say. I just wish we got to see G&G McCurdy more often, but the fact that we are poor college students kind of gets in the way of that. It's all right though. Things always work out anyway. Uriah is now 4 months old, 16.5 pounds and 27 inches long. His cousin, who is 10 months old, is only one inch longer than Uriah, so Uriah is catching up quick!

Uriah can roll over from back to tummy and then again to his back and he talks like a maniac. He reaches and grabs and can hold things, which I love because he loves to grab my shirt when I am changing his diaper or something like that. He is just too cute! He even grabbed daddy's hair one time while we were in bed. I guess he wanted daddy to wake up. Uriah's best friend is Jeriah Grayson (8 months), whom he spends three hours with on Wednesdays and about five hours on Fridays. They are pals and like to lay on the floor and talk to each other. Jeriah is a fat, chunky little thing, and Uriah is long and skinny, so I like to pretend that when they grow up Jeriah will be the bully and Uriah the skinny little whimp, but they will still be best pals. I will have to get some pictures of them together. Well, that's all I can think of for now. If I remember anything else to say about Uriah I will post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment