28 June 2010

June Bugs

Part of me wants to say, is it July yet?? and part of me wants to say, June has gone by too fast! We all know that once July comes, the summer is over before we know it! That's usually the month when all the fun stuff happens. Although July has a lot in store for us this summer, June was fun-filled as well. On the 19th we had Uriah's 2nd birthday party. It was lots of fun. The weather was nice...kind of. It was a beautiful, sunny day while I was putting up the decorations and getting everything set up. When people showed up and started eating the weather was even more beautiful. But as soon as everyone got settled it started to rain, so we moved everything under the awning and the rain continued...for 5 minutes. Then we all shuffled back to the lawn for about half an hour, and it started to rain again, and it rained for 10 minutes. By that time we had moved inside to have cake and ice cream, but after the dessert and presents we went back outside and it was sunny again. Uriah had some really good support from his family and he had a good time playing with his cousins.



Uriah got a xylophone for his birthday. At first, he didn't really know what it was...
...but as soon as he realized what it did, he got very excited!

This is Uriah's freakin' AWESOME cake! A friend made it for me and I was completely taken back by the quality. When she said she could make a train, I thought she meant she could cut a sheet cake into the shape of a train, and then when she showed up at my door with this I fell in love with it. I almost didn't want to eat it! The car had chopped up Reeses cups in it and the cake under the frosting was chocolate, and it was soooo soft and delicious! Yum yum. I will definitely call on my friend for Uriah's 3rd birthday!
New shirt from grandma. It had a cute pair of brown shorts with white stripes that matched.

A cool spider man ball from Aunt & Uncle Stearns. Uriah loves to throw, and it was perfect.
Jordyn loved being outside during the party. Grandma got this saucer at a yard sale for $5 and it has been absolutely perfect for Jordyn. She loves to play in it and the toys on it keep her entertained for long periods of time.
I decided last minute that there would be a little train theme for the party, so I found this balloon at the $1 store. I thought it was very cute.
Uriah was having a great time until mommy put a party hat on his head and accidentally snapped the strap around his neck...it hurt, and he didn't like it at all!
Mommy couldn't afford to go buy birthday wrapping paper, but luckily I still had this huge roll of Christmas paper that I bought at Costco a few years ago, and that works perfectly for any kind of present.
Daddy's gift to Uriah. Even though he is only 2, Daddy can't wait for Uriah to play catch with him!
More presents. This one was baby bubble bath and it had $3 in quarters taped to it. Uriah actually got so much money this year for his birthday that we started putting it in a little piggy bank for him. He has more money than mommy and daddy! (^_^)
He looks easy, but he's not. The kids couldn't break him open no matter how hard they tried. Luckily, you weren't actually supposed to break him open. The instructions said that you were to pull one ribbon at a time (hooked to his pants) and only one ribbon would open him up and let the candy fall out. I thought that was boring and let the kids beat on him, but eventually we had to pull his square pants down.
Just some decorating I did.

Uriah's cake, before I put the candles in.

I can't believe that my little man is two. It feels like it wasn't that long ago, but at the same time I feel like he's always been a part of my life. I love him so much and I feel truly blessed to be his mother. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for such a wonderful blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment