04 January 2018

Summer Stuff - August 2017

 I got a large box of books from my book biz and I let the kids open up the box and go through them.
 Jordyn loved the foil art book. 

 Our watermelon patch did so much better this year than last year. We gave them extra water and we had probably more than 20 melons.

 Jordyn and Bonnie holding a monster zucchini.

 For one of Uriah's pack meetings, we learned how to properly dispose of old and torn flags. We got to burn some US flags and flags from different divisions of the military.

 KyLee holding a small flag.

Bonnie and her new shirt
 KyLee and mommy

 We planted decorative pumpkins and the vines got so long they started to wind around our blackberry plants. We cut off some of the vines and pulled off all these pumpkins.

 This was from the day I found out we were going to have another baby girl. I brought home some balloons to give the kids the news about the baby and one of the balloons got lost to the sky. KyLee was SO upset. She cried for 45 minutes straight.

 Another shot of our moon flower getting bigger and bigger!

 About a year ago, Pocatello built a man-made pond with parks and paved paths and an amphitheater around it. They called it the wellness complex. 
J and I went to a Piano Guys concert at the amphitheater. It was amazing, and the group was so genuine and nice! My niece, Kaiya, got to meet her inspiration for playing the cello.

 I told my mom how nice the wellness complex was, so we took her there the next day. The cousins had lots of fun playing in the water in their underwear, and I enjoyed sitting in a chair and getting my feet wet.
 KyLee liked the water...sometimes...


 J and KyLee
 Trying to warm up on the rocks

 Bonnie started her first day of Kindergarten. 
 She was so excited to ride the bus to school.

 This was the year of the great solar eclipse. We tried to make some homemade eclipse viewers, but they didn't work. It kept getting darker and darker and we were sad because we couldn't really see the eclipse, but it was neat to see how dark it got around us. 

 Not long after, our neighbors came over and let us borrow their eclipse glasses, and Bonnie brought home a pair from school, so it wasn't a total loss.
 KyLee getting the mail one morning
 Our watermelons getting bigger!
 The tomato plants were getting so big and growing together that I had to go in and chop off a bunch of the vines. I felt like I was going through a jungle.

 When I was done, we could actually walk in between the tomato plants.

 I took one of the watermelons from our garden to a scout activity, and everyone said it was the best watermelon they had ever had. It was eaten very quickly, and was super juicy and delicious. 


 Some of the first pickings from our tomato plants. We used them to make delicious salsa, with onions and peppers from our garden too!

KyLee sleeping

No comments:

Post a Comment