17 February 2017

December 2016

 December was busy, like it usually is. Preparing for Christmas parties and 2 December birthdays always takes a lot of time. I liked to sleep in the living room at night next to the bright lights of the Christmas tree. Kiki seemed to enjoy it as well.


 Lana made the kids their own chicken ornament for the tree this year. They were so cute.

 I made this burlap wreath for my brother and sister-in-law and I was so happy with how it turned out! I will have to make one for myself in the future. 


 Daddy was fixing the back doors and KyLee wanted to help, so she started handing him his tools.

 We went to the annual Hunsaker Christmas party and got to see Santa. Bonnie didn't want to look at him or talk to him, but at least she sat on his lap this year.
 Uriah had no problem asking Santa for expensive electronics he knew he likely wasn't going to get.

 Jordyn snuggled up close and had more reasonable requests from Santa.

 This was KyLee's 2nd Christmas, and she didn't seem to like the idea of Santa, but we were able to get  her to calm down enough for a picture.

 One night, I caught KyLee playing with the ornaments on the tree. Little stinker.

 In December, KyLee started carrying around her blanket with her everywhere.  It was the first time she's showed a dependency on something other than me (^_^)
 For Jordyn's birthday, she decided she wanted to go bowling. We had lots of fun, and even KyLee enjoyed watching.
 She told daddy that she wanted a rainbow cake for her birthday, so he colored 6 different cakes and stacked them all.
 She was so happy with her cake, and we all loved how it tasted!

I didn't take any pictures on Christmas, but we had a nice day at home watching the kids open presents and playing with the things they got. They only got 4 presents each from mom and dad, and they got spoiled by their grandparents. KyLee needed help opening her presents, but once we got the paper off and she saw what was inside, she was much more interested. 

Right before Christmas, the hospital cut Jared's hours and we've lost about $300-$400 a month. It has been hard for us. We're having to be extremely careful and minimal when we go grocery shopping. I have tried to come up with ways to help us be more responsible with budgeting. I have started substitute teaching for the school district to earn extra money so we can pay down our credit card debt. We have way too much of that and are almost slaves to those bills. I'm hoping, by documenting our financial situation and how I want it changed, that I will be better with our money in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment