29 June 2011

Birthday the Third, Part II

Well, Saturday was a hectic day, but I was able to get everything done and made for the party just before it got started. Jordyn burned her hand on the stove burner, and that put me behind by about two hours, but she was okay after she fell asleep and we gave her some pain medicine. Thank goodness Jared was there to help me. If he hadn't helped me make the frosting, I probably never would have finished everything in time.


I can't take all the credit for this big guy. I found the idea online and I knew I wanted it at the party, so I asked my artist brother-in-law to carve it for me. I appropriately named the shark Adam, after its great creator :)

 The blue "ocean" jello around him was yummy!

 Ice cream cone cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Yummmmm!

 Now this I can take credit for. I worked super hard on this Lightning McQueen cake and, for my first time, I don't think it turned out too bad. Next time I will do a few things differently, but that's why you keep practicing!

 Jordyn really liked the cream cheese frosting!

 Uriah got 6 CARS cars for his birthday. He was really excited, but we had to help him share them with the other little party guests.
 He also got a book called, "There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly".

 This is a coin jar that counts your money. It was a great gift because the piggy bank we were keeping all of our coins in was stuffed to the max and couldn't hold any more coins.

 Uriah got 2 Mr. Potato Heads, or as he calls them, Mr. Dodo Heads. One is a kind of retro style and one looks like the Toy Story potato. He plays with them every day and is obsessed with them.

 Jordyn really likes Uriah's new book.

This is a counting game where you get the trains to race if you answer counting questions correctly. Uriah doesn't count super well yet, but we will definitely be playing this game to work with him on his counting.
All in all, Saturday was a great yet tiring day. When Jared asked what we were going to have for dinner, I said, "I don't know, but I'm not making it! I'm all maked out!" :)

1 comment:

  1. Don't think it turned out too bad? It looks perfect!! You really have talent there!

    ReplyDelete