30 March 2010

Heave, Ho

I have only had the dry heaves twice in my life- once in the 11th grade, right before the first dance I was ever allowed to go to, and this last weekend. It hit me right out of nowhere. I had had a good day, gotten my apartment 99% clean and done some shopping, then at about 6 I started feeling crampy, and by 8 I was barfing every 45 minutes. I couldn't keep anything down, and I stopped trying after 10. Not even water would stay down. I lost my cookies every 45 minutes from 8 pm Saturday until 3:30 am Sunday, and before that time I had run out of cookies to lose. At that time I got a blessing from my husband and brother-in-law, and I only barfed twice after that. I couldn't be more thankful for the priesthood and the blessings that come from it. I know for sure that I wouldn't have gotten better that quick if I hadn't gotten a blessing. I was able to start holding food down around Sunday afternoon, and my husband got me some sprite and I was able to keep that and water down. Today I still don't feel quite like myself, but I am better than I was over the weekend. I just hope and pray that my two children don't get it, 'cuz that could mean serious trouble for them. Anyway, it's not the best weekend to report, but it was just another one of the constant reminders that my Heavenly Father loves me and is watching over me, and for that I love Him so much.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for Priesthood Blessings!
    I hope you are back to 100%!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jonathan had this the same weekend! It was no fun! One week of Jonathan throwing up and not wanting to eat or drink anything! I felt so bad for him:(

    ReplyDelete