09 January 2020

December 2019

 Why does December always have to be so busy? Uriah, Jordyn, and Bonnie each had their own school concert on different nights that we had to go to. I didn't get any pictures of them because Jared worked all 3 nights and I had all the kids by myself. Jared was working every chance he could get during November and December to save money for the upcoming baby. I sang at the ward Christmas party and our family sang in sacrament meeting the Sunday before Christmas. It felt like we had at least 2 or 3 obligations every week until the week of Christmas. I didn't feel like I could really relax until the 23rd, when I didn't have to go to work or perform for anyone, or go watch anyone perform. I am thankful that I can see my children perform, support them, and be there for them when they need me. It probably would have been easier if I wasn't 8 months pregnant.


 This was our Christmas present from grandma and grandpa McCurdy. Grandpa put it all together and grandma gave us a case of peanut butter.

Around the middle of the month, we started getting surprise presents on our doorstep. Someone was bringing us the 12 days of Christmas! I thought we would get to see them on the last day, but we never did learn who was leaving us all these wonderful gifts.

 1st day of Christmas - Light (candle)
 2nd day of Christmas - hope (Willow Tree angel)

The 3rd day of Christmas was a loaf of cinnamon bread that disappeared quickly. There was a scripture about the bread of life, but I couldn't find it for my pictures.
 4th day of Christmas - the beautiful Earth (potted plant with different kinds of flowers)
 5th day of Christmas - Music (David Archuletta Christmas CD)
6th day of Christmas - Guidance (kit on how to make gingerbread houses)
 7th day of Christmas - friendship (calendar with quotes about friendship)

8th day of Christmas - forgiveness (a manger snow globe and a picture of Christ with a woman in a red dress)
 
 9th day of Christmas - comfort (an amazing Sherpa blanket that I've been sleeping with ever since)

 10th day of Christmas - strength (Book of Mormon Family Reader- we already have one but it can't hurt to have two!)

11th day of Christmas - love (You Are Special book and You Are Loved sign)

The same night as the 11th day of Christmas, someone left a jar full of coins and money at our door, and a book called Christmas Jars. I don't know if it was the same family who gave us the 12 days of Christmas, but we all thought it was pretty cool, and the jar was very heavy. I read the preface to the book, but I need to finish the rest of it. I've been told it's really good.
 
12th day of Christmas - Eternal Life (children's nativity)
Whoever it was that left us these gifts for 12 days made us feel really special and I will be forever grateful to them for thinking of us and giving us blessings.
 
 We celebrated Jordyn's 10th birthday on the 23rd. She wanted to go to Red Robin so that she could get a free sundae and so the waiters could sing to her. Lucky girl, she got what she wanted.

 She had to wait for daddy to get home from work before she could open her presents. She got an Easy Bake Oven with recipes and a new dress with tights.



 
 Eva had her 2nd birthday the day after Christmas. In these pictures, she is wearing the new pajamas grandma Nichols gave to her.

 We got her a Minnie Mouse ride-on plane and she loved it. She liked to play with a ride-on toy at the babysitters, so I knew this would be a hit.


  Even KyLee wanted a turn!

 Since the 26th was the only day daddy had off that week, we went to our neighbor's house to play games and have some fun. Daddy made an ice cream cake for Jordyn and Eva and our neighbor put a cool flower candle on top. They both thought the candle was amazing. I will admit, it was very cool to watch.


 During the break, we made gingerbread houses from the kit our secret Santa left us. The kids loved it. We gave Eva her own house to eat so she would leave the other kids alone.
 Jordyn and her house.

 Bonnie hard at work.

 KyLee loving the sprinkles.


 Eva eating her house slabs.

 The finished product.


 Eva standing on the table.

 KyLee is proud of her little house.

 I found a naughty cat sleeping on top of our bath towels and I had to take a picture for proof.

 During Christmas break we took the kids to see Frozen 2 in theaters. They had this Star Wars backdrop set up for fans of The Rise of Skywalker, so we decided to get our pictures taken while we waited. It took a little coaxing to get the kids to stand by Darth Vader, but they eventually made it in.



No comments:

Post a Comment