30 July 2013

Uriah Party 5

Uriah Party doesn't quite have the same ring to it as "Mario Party", but that's what Uriah wanted for his 5th birthday. A few weeks before his birthday we drove to Idaho Falls to get decorations and party stuff at Zurchers. We got Mario plates and cups and napkins, and I also bought him a Mario chess set that I used on top of his cake, and some Mario wall stickers for his bedroom. I was hoping they were going to have a Mario piñata but I didn't see one, so I had to go to Party Palace the day before the party and thankfully they had one. I'm not sure it was a real piñata because we had to cut a hole in it to put the candy in, but it worked out well. Uriah got a lot of great presents and had a lot of family and friends over to support him. I was a little worried at first because there weren't very many people, but we had a good crowd by the end of it.

 Everyone asked me what Uriah needed and I said "socks", so he got some socks. He was very excited about these Angry Birds socks.
 A Team Umizoomi game for his DS.
 He had been begging me to get PVZ for his DS for a long time, and he was very surprised and happy to see it.
 Super Mario Brothers!

 He loved this card because it had pop-up monkeys in it.
 Cool new shorts
 My super happy boy!
 Getting ready to blow out the candle. He loved his cake.
 I tried to make Uriah's birthday cake this year and it didn't turn out the way I wanted the first time, so I used the botched cake for a game. I hid a small Toad character in the cake and had the kids dig through it to find him.
 I bought this cake at the store and put the chess pieces on top. I thought it looked awesome, and Uriah loved it.
 More Angry Birds!
 
I had seen Uriah's daycare teacher reading Captain Underpants to his class one day, and all Uriah could do was tell me how funny it was and how much he liked Captain Underpants. I thought the book would be a good present for him, even though he can't read yet, but I didn't know how he was going to react to it. I was very excited when he started giggling and laughing just looking at the book. It warmed my heart!

1 comment: