30 July 2013

Bad, Bad Blogger

Okay, so my last post was in March. I have no idea how so much time got away from me so quickly. I feel like almost every day is the same for me...work, go home, sleep - work, go home, sleep. The Spring semester is always crazy at work, and then I think I just fell out of the habit of blogging after missing two (or three) months. So I will try to play a quick game of catch-up and see what I can remember.

March
Jared was in school and I was working full tilt getting things ready for our program interviews and such.

April
Jared's littlest sister got married and now his parents are empty nesters. They were sealed in the Twin Falls temple. It was a stormy and cold day, but any day we can go to the temple is a great day.
 
Because I had been working on becoming healthier for some time, a friend of mine on Facebook approached me at the end of the month to tell me about a challenge group that he had been a part of and invited me to join. I was really wanting to make a serious commitment to changing my lifestyle and my body, so I joined in.
 

May
The semester ended and summer school started up. I decided that I wanted to work towards getting a Massage Therapy certification, so I signed up for 3 summer classes: Medical Terminology, Medical Law and Ethics and Intro to the Massage Therapy career. Both of us did well in our courses.
 
June
Our sweet, sweet Uriah had his 5th birthday. I can't believe that he is already 5 and will be starting kindergarten soon. He wanted to have a "Mario Party" so he got all kinds of fun stuff. I will have to make a separate post just for his birthday. We also had our complex's annual garage sale and I made about $60. It felt so good to get rid of some stuff and organize the garage so we could walk through it. The first challenge group I joined ended and I had lost about 6 lbs and several inches.
 
July
Of course, we had a 4th of July get-together and my parents' house and then me, my dad, Uriah and Jordyn went  to watch the fireworks. They were delayed for an hour because of wind, but it was still enjoyable to watch. The week after the 4th of July, the second challenge group started and I joined. My brother also started doing a Boot Camp class in Blackfoot that I have been going to. During this time, I hit the 25 pound loss mark and I am feeling great. I convinced my husband to take me to San Diego, California where his aunt and uncle live because I had never been to California before, and amazingly, he agreed. So at 4am on the 16th we headed to San Diego and were there for a week. It was an amazing vacation, and I will have to make a separate post for that as well. The 22nd was our 8th wedding anniversary, and we were on the freeway heading back to Idaho, so while it wasn't exactly the best anniversary day, the trip to San Diego was the perfect way to celebrate it.
 
Sorry, this is a pretty lame post after being absent for so long, but I will have some better stuff on the way soon.
 


1 comment: