07 September 2011

Labor Free

This year we spent half of our long Labor Day weekend at home and half visiting the McCurdys.

Auntie Kayla did Jordyn's hair all nice and pretty for our
day. She looked so pretty in purple.
Little Miss Sleepy Head made sure to catch some z's. She knew she would be busy once we got to the lake.

Uriah and Jordyn are watching Gamma fish. They are pretty sure she is bound to catch something immediately.

Papa caught lots of fish, but Uriah wouldn't get anywhere near them. I couldn't even get him in the same picture as the fish.

These are the 4 smallish fish we decided to take home with us. Gamma and Papa kept 2 and we kept 2. Jared cooked his two on the grill with butter and lemon pepper. He gave me a bite and it didn't taste fishy at all. It was quite good, although my brain was telling me I had fish in my mouth and it almost made me sick. Silly me.

This is what happens now when I ask Jordyn to smile for the camera...

Then she does some silly face for me. What a sweet little girl I have!
We had a really good weekend that ended in a nice, relaxing way. Then we had to go back to the real world. Oh well, at least the holiday gave us a short work week!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you got to sit back an relax with the family! I LOVE Jordans "picture" face. She's just priceless!

    ReplyDelete