31 December 2010

So Long, Farewell

Goodbye to a year that started with some downs and just went up from there. Of course, the year started off with me having to have my gallbladder removed, but that's about the only bad thing I can think of that happened. I think Christmas is a great way to end the year. We had such a good Christmas this year, and I loved seeing my little ones open their presents. We went to stay with my hubby's parents for about 4 days. They loved seeing their grandchildren and we loved getting to spend time with them, because we don't get to do it very often. The night before we left, we had a party for Jared and Jordyn's combined birthdays (Jared 21st, Jordyn 23rd).
 Jordyn digging in to her cake. I was very happy that she wasn't afraid to get messy!

 Here we are opening presents. She got some weebles and that was all she wanted to play with.

 Reaching into the bag, and what does she find....
...a super cute pair of jammies!
 Here she is opening a present from gamma and papa McCurdy.
 Look at all this fun paper!
 Reaching far into the bag...
 ...what a cute little dress!
 Jordyn got a cute hair bow and Uriah decided to model it for us.
Yummy, more cake!


 Uriah got his hair cut on Christmas Eve, and he desperately need it! Thanks auntie Alicia!
 Christmas morning was so much fun. We didn't get pictures of every thing, but we got some of the important stuff. Here Uriah is opening a collection of books that come with a pen that reads the book to you and tells you what the pictures are. He really likes it a lot and his favorite book to read is "Cars", go figure.
 Aunt Lana made this book for Uriah. It has pictures of the McCurdy family and the words to the song "Happy Family"..."I love grandpa, he loves me, we love grandma yes siree, she loves us and so you see, we are a happy family". I almost cried while gamma sang the song to him.
 Auntie Lana also made some cute headbands for Jordyn. She didn't like to leave them on so we put a few of them on at the same time so we could take a picture. She's so cute!
 Here is Jordyn opening her Tickle Me Elmo...she was so excited and she squealed and grabbed Elmo before I could even get him out of the box! That was one of the best present reactions ever!
 I couldn't wait for Uriah to open his Woody and Buzz. I knew he would be excited, and he didn't disappoint.   He was impatient while daddy tried to get them out of the box. They were strapped in really well!


Here are pictures of the things we got. The kids got some pretty neat toys...

 ...Uriah got a few cars to add to his collection...
 ...gamma and papa made Uriah wood blocks and a cool bag to keep them in...
 ..and Uriah got to add to his train collection.
 This is my haul...mostly scrapbook stuff and Inception, woohoo!
 These are all the books that the kids got for Christmas. There are quite a few in there.
This is the beautiful quilt that my mother-in-law made for me. It's amazing to think that she did all that work for me. I will treasure it forever!
 Uriah and Jordyn dressed up in their Sunday best. Jordyn is wearing her new dress that she got for her birthday. 
 We managed to get another picture of her with her cute headband and bow on.
 My silly little girl.
 So beautiful and precious.
 One night Uriah discovered that he could climb up daddy's back and onto his shoulders, and that was a lot of fun.
 Jared probably got poked in the eye a time or two...
 But it sure made us all laugh!
Monday morning some sheep were being herded through gamma and papa's backyard, so we decided to get a picture of them.


Yesterday I tried to take the kids sledding, but the wind chill was so bad that they just cried. When we got home, Uriah went straight to bed, and I gave Jordyn a warm sippy of milk and this is what happened.

What a year 2010 has been. I have been able to watch both of my children grow, and I have seen little Jordyn go from a tiny infant to a walking toddler. Uriah's speaking ability has exploded and he is now potty trained and loving his big boy underwear. Jared and I have been married for 5 1/2 years, and I look forward to many more years to come.

2 comments:

  1. Oh your kids are so cute! Looks like they had quite a fun Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!! <3

    ReplyDelete