21 December 2010

Holiday Countdown

No, this is not a countdown to Christmas. This is a countdown to when I get to take a break from work, and that will be in 1 day, 5 3/4 hours! After that, I get a whole week and a half off to enjoy Christmas and the New Year with my husband and two wonderful children. What more could a gal ask for? Things have been pretty busy this month, as they usually are. On the 11th my family had it's annual Hunsaker Christmas party, which I look forward to every year. This year they had Santa stop by to visit the kids and hand out candy, and I was very curious to see how Uriah and Jordyn would handle the jolly fat man, this being their first encounter with him.


Uriah really liked him. He didn't talk to him, but he walked right up to him and wanted to get on his lap. This Santa was the best one I had ever seen, and I hope they have him come again.

Uriah and Santa were best buds!

Jordyn didn't think Santa was too bad. She just stared at him, trying to figure out if he was nice or not. When he tried to give her a hug, she started to frown! I picked her up and she was fine, but at least she didn't scream and cry (^_^)

It was really good to see my cousins and extended family. I really enjoy seeing my cousin's wife Kyla and her little boy Kystin. Kyla has been so nice to me and I feel like we are buds! It was hard for me when my cousins moved away from us when we were younger. We lived in the same town and were very close friends. We aren't very close anymore, but it is still nice to see them once a year and get the opportunity to catch up. 
Here is 2nd cous' Kystin playing around at the party. He sure is a cutie!

We have started potty training Uriah. He is really excited about wearing his big boy underwear. I even let him pick them out at the store. We started working with him on Saturday and things seem to be going okay. He keeps pooping in his underwear, but I think I might go out and buy a toy train and tell him he can only have it when he goes in the potty. I hope that works! He does really well going pee in the potty. The first night we started he didn't pee his bed, but the second night he woke up soaked, and this morning he woke up and was a little wet, but not as bad as he was the second night. I know it will take time, and I really think we can help him succeed as long as we can remain patient and calm with him. 

This is Uriah's potty chair. He was really excited to open it, and he does like to sit on it. When you push the handle on it to "flush" it, it makes a revving sound like the engine of a car. He thinks that's funny. 

 I had Uriah show off his new undies for the camera. He picked out Thomas and Friends underwear and Sesame Street. I was quite surprised that he didn't pick out Cars underwear, but maybe we can get those for him some other time. The way he is going through them right now, we are going to need some new ones just to keep up!


 Here is Jordyn being silly. She has started watching her big brother and she knows that when the camera comes out, it is time to make silly faces!
"Look at me!"

Uriah and Jordyn playing with trains. Jordyn is wearing a really cute dress that I got her at the D.I. I never really liked the idea of shopping there, but I actually found some very cute dresses for Jordyn there last weekend, so I think I might go there again!


On Thursday, we will be going down to stay with Jared's parents for 5 days or so, during Jordyn's birthday and Christmas. I am really excited, and they are excited to get to spend some time with the kids. I can't believe Jordyn will be 1 year old on Thursday! The last year sure has gone by quickly. Today is Jared's birthday, and he is 27. He says he's old, but I think he's silly! I hope you all have a great Christmas and enjoy your holiday season, but never forget what it's really about. Keep Christ in Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Kara!!! Means a ton to me :) And for sure we ARE "buds"!!! :)

    ReplyDelete