01 November 2010

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Every year, I look forward to Halloween so that I can throw my annual Halloween party. I have been throwing parties since 7th grade, when someone told me I was too old to go trick-or-treating. This year we had a great time. We played games and had lots of good food. It is always nice to spend time with old and new friends.

This is the cupcake cake I ordered from Wal-Mart. It's very yummy. I love their buttercream frosting, it's just so sweet!


This is the peanut game. You had to get peanuts from the plate to the bowl with just a straw. It was a lot of fun to watch people play it, and to watch them try and cheat by holding other people's straws.

My brother-in-law drew this for my "Witch Wart" game. Each player had a piece of gum to chew, and then they had to try to stick it on the witch's nose, blindfolded.
This was the winning wart. Pretty much spot on! 

This is me spinning my hubby around to play the Witch Wart game.

 Uriah was Thomas the Tank Engine for Halloween. For some reason, I felt like his costume was a little plain, so daddy suggested that we draw puffs of smoke on his cheeks, because Thomas' funnel ends right at Uriah's neck. I think that made it look much better! Uriah liked getting his face drawn on too.

 Jordyn was a black and white kitty for Halloween. I added her whiskers and pink nose because I think that really added a lot. A lot of people asked me if she was a panda bear, and I had to tell them, "Uh..no!" It was just hard for people to see the long, black tail on the back of the costume. Kitty or panda, she sure was super cute!

Friday night was my party, and Saturday we went to a ward dinner and trunk-or-treat. Uriah did really well at saying trick-or-treat and he loved getting the candy. When we went back to our car, there was a woman in a van with her door open, and Uriah thought she was handing out candy, so he walked up to her and said trick-or-treat, and she took a piece of candy from one of her kids and gave it to Uriah. She thought it was really funny. Now Uriah will probably think that candy comes from cars. 
After the trunk-or-treat, we went to visit some friends we hadn't seen in a while and to visit family. Needless to say, we were pretty exhausted by the time we got home. So, we put the kids to bed and watched a Halloweeny movie, but it didn't take long for us to fall asleep. I love Halloween, and getting to see people dressed up and to dress up my kids. To me, it is one of the most exciting times of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment