28 September 2010

Showers On A Sunny Day

This last weekend I spent the night at my in-laws house because I was hosting a baby shower for one of my long-time friends. The hubby stayed home to do homework, so I took the kids so that they could spend time with grandma and papa. Grandma really missed the kids and was excited to watch them. Before the shower, Papa decided to let Uriah ride the lawnmower with him. I didn't know how Uriah would handle it at first...

 ...but I think he had a good time. If he had stayed on for a long time, I bet he would have fallen asleep. Now that Uriah is a little bit older, Papa likes spending time with him and taking him outside and showing him things. That makes me happy.


I was running around on Saturday, trying to make sure that I had everything I needed for the baby shower. This is the cupcake cake I ordered from Wal-Mart. I am absolutely in love with their butter cream frosting, and even though they pile it on, I can't help but want to eat more and more of it. The cupcakes were chocolate, and very yummy. 

This is a cute little banner I decided to put on the wall. My friend (whom I was throwing the shower for) has 3 little girls, and this will be her first boy, so I was excited to get everything decorated for a little boy.

 I made chocolate covered strawberries for the shower. I made them the night before and couldn't help but sneak a few while I was dipping them in the chocolate. They were very very good, but they are even better when the chocolate is warm! (^_^)

This was only the second time I had made cream puffs. I made some on Thursday night to practice and then I made these on Saturday morning. I still have yet to get the size right, but they were delicious. You can pretty much fill them with anything, and the chocolate drizzle on top just adds a little more flavor to the "puff" part.

I'll tell you what...balloons are the universal party decoration, and I LOVE balloons.

I thought that this gift bag was really cute, so I decided to take a picture of it.

The guest of honor, me and the other shower guests. There weren't a lot of people that came, but we still had a good time and the food was great! There were even leftovers, which I had no problem sharing with the in-laws and my kids when it was all said and done.


After a hectic Saturday, I drove home, unpacked, and decided I was going to sit down and finally do some digital scrapbooking. I tried it once when I first got Photoshop Elements, and I just hadn't found the time to do it since. Well, Saturday night I told my hubby that I was going to go into the study to scrap and I didn't want to be disturbed. After about an hour, this is the page I finished scrapping.
I am very pleased with this page. I had to remind myself how to use Photoshop and all of the tricks I had forgotten, but considering, I think this looks pretty good. It will be the first page in my series "Uriah's 2nd Birthday" and I am currently working on scrapbooking all the other pictures I took from his birthday party. Digital scrapping is so much easier than scrapping by hand, and although I do like to scrap by hand, it saves me a lot of cut paper on the floor and sticking and glue and messes like that. 

Yesterday I stayed home from work, mostly because I just wanted to take a "me" day, and because I got 0 chores done while I was away from home for the weekend. So after sleeping in until about 8, I got up and got down and dirty and cleaned the entire apartment, did all the laundry and cleaned all the bed sheets, and I even put AWAY all the laundry, so yes, I started and completed every chore I could think of. I got done with that at about 3 in the afternoon, and after I got cleaned up I went to the store and did some much needed grocery shopping, which only took me an hour. It's a miracle how quickly you can get through the store if you don't have tag-alongs! When I got home I cooked dinner, cleaned the dishes, and relaxed. My house was still clean, and that made me feel so good. I hope I can keep up with my chores so that I have more free time on the weekends. This coming Saturday, I am hoping to can 100 apples and turn them into apple pie filling. We'll have to see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment