07 September 2010

Last Month: In Pictures

I decided it was time to upload the pictures I've been collecting over the past few weeks.

This is Uriah's first picture in our new apartment. He was having a good time running around to the open boxes and pulling things out of them.


Jordyn loves the new carpet in our apartment. It is fluffy and she can grab it with her little fingers. I love her big, blue eyes and her cute, round face.


Uriah got caught with his finger up his nose. He really doesn't pick his nose. Embarrassing as it is, he sees mommy and daddy doing it and he tries to do it, but he never actually picks anything.

Uriah is my little ham. He loves to have his picture taken, and whenever I get the camera out, he always has to be right in front of it.

We caught Jordyn standing up in her crib for the first time, and now she pulls herself up to everything. I think it is so cute when I go into her room and see her standing there, jumping up and down, waiting for me to get her out.
This is Uriah's "cheese" face. In other words, this is the face he pulls when I say, "Say cheese!"

Jordyn loves to take a bath. This time, I poured in some baby eucalyptus bath stuff because she had a pretty bad cold and I was hoping it would help her breathe better. She is a big splasher and she just can't hold still in the tub!

Uriah was jealous that Jordyn was in the tub and he wasn't, so he started playing in the bubbles from her baby soap.

My happy bathtub girl.

Playing together in the bubbles.

Last Saturday we had an "end of the summer" bbq at my mom's house and I decided to make kabobs (which I had never made before). They sure did look pretty!
Some of them were pork and some of them were chicken. The rest was red, green, orange and yellow peppers and pineapple tidbits.
This is what they looked like on the grill. I couldn't wait to try some!
When they were almost done, I made a special sauce and spread it over the kabobs, and voila! They were very tasty, but a little dry. We were trying to cook some chicken breasts at the same time and I think the kabobs got a little overcooked, but they still tasted good. The sauce made them taste super good! I can't wait to make some again.

Uriah and Jordyn's Papa just had his 50th birthday celebration. I bought the kids "grandpa" shirts to match the "grandpa" shirt that we got for Papa. Jordyn's says, "My finger may be small, but I can still wrap grandpa around it!"
Uriah had taken a long 3 hour nap at Papa's 50th birthday bash and woke up just in time for cake and to get candy from the pinata. Uriah's shirt says, "My grandpa has more tools than yours!"

I asked Papa to take a picture with the kids so that we could see all of their new shirts. Uriah wasn't very happy after waking up from his nap, but I love this face that he gets when Papa gives him a big, wet, sloppy kiss.
We had a good time at Papa's 50th Birthday Bash. Uriah and Jordyn are their only grandchildren (so far) and they love them very much. Uriah and Jordyn have amazing grandparents on both sides and we are lucky to have them all so close to us. Well, we had a relaxing, yet eventful weekend, and now it's back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment