22 December 2008

Bushel of Birthdays

What a weekend we had. Friday night we babysatt Miranda and then Jared's uncle and aunt made him a cheesecake for his birthday. It was very delicious. Saturday morning we went and did some shopping for a family we know who is in need and then we grabbed some presents for their kids (with a little help from a family in our ward) and we took all the stuff over to them Saturday afternoon. They were so grateful. I had a hard time not getting teary-eyed because I know what it is like to be in need, and to know that we provided Christmas for their children made me feel really happy.

So since Jared's birthday was Sunday I had decided we were going to celebrate on Saturday. After we delivered our secret santa stuff I took Jared roller blading at Deleta. It was a BLAST! It took us a while to get balanced because it has been at least 10 years for each of us since we've been skating at all, and Jared biffed it once, but it was a lot of fun. It really made me feel like a kid again, and roller blading is so much fun anyway. Then after that we got a Papa Murpheys pizza and took it home and watched a movie.

Then at 6:30 saturday we went to my nephews birthday party. He was born on Jared's birthday one year ago. His name is Phoenix, and he's a cutie. Anyway, we watched him eat his first cake and open his first presents. Jared got to open his birthday presents too. He got a box of chocolates from my sister, a box of chocolate covered cherries from me, a Philadelphia Eagles tie from me, and a collection of Christmas cartoons (also from me).

On Sunday I made Jared a special dinner of lasagna, garlic bread and veggies, with leftover cheesecake, and we watched some of the Christmas cartoons he got the day earlier. He said he had a great birthday, and I am glad that he did. His happiness means everything to me!


So then I get up this morning to go to work, and I'm calf-deep in snow and brushing snow off my car with my broom....crazy! I did not see this much snow coming at all! Besides that, it has been snowing almost all day long, and I am really hoping they cancel work for the rest of the week, but we will have to see (^_^) I would really love to just stay home to get some rest and recover from these sniffles I haven't been able to get rid of, but oh well. Only 3 more days until Christmas! Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment