15 August 2012

Anniversary Present

I know I promised I would show pictures of what we got for our anniversary, so here you go!
It's a bed! We have had the same mattress, box spring and metal frame since we got married, and Ashley Furniture Home Store was having a great factory sale, so we bought this sleigh bed (we only bought the frame; we still have the mattress and box spring we've always had). The foot board has 2 drawers, but they are hard to see in this picture.

This is what it first looked like when it was delivered. We put the mattress AND the box spring on it. As you can see, it was way over Uriah's head. I just stood there and laughed and laughed and laughed, but we decided to try it. That only lasted about 3 days. It wasn't too hard to get into bed, but getting out I had to slide off the edge and, as sleep as I am in the morning, it was difficult for me to keep steady. So I went to the Uhaul store and bought a protective bag to put the box spring in and that is now out in the garage. 

Here are a few closer pictures of the headboard. Uriah or Jordyn (not sure which) was taking pictures of me on the bed, and while I was talking on the phone. My little ones are obsessed with my camera. 


I have been wanting a bed like this since we got married, but it just kept getting pushed to the back burner. Hooray for anniversary surprises!

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! That looks awesome! We are waiting for that day still! Hope your family is doing well! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what Sergio and I are in the market for right now. This bed looks beautiful!

    Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete