15 March 2011

Family Night

Last night I decided to have one of my spontaneous moments. I told Jared that we needed to go on a family date, so we packed up and went to dinner at Red Lobster, and then we went and dropped Jordyn off with grandma and took grandpa with us to see Rango. It was a very funny movie, and Uriah really liked it a lot. He also liked getting to sit next to grandpa and share a bag of popcorn with him.
Here's Uriah and daddy snacking on biscuits at Red Lobster.

Look mommy, a fishy!
Uriah thought this poster was pretty neat!

We had a good night on the town. We really don't do these kinds of things very often, and Jared usually doesn't like to go along as easily as he did last night, so hopefully we can have more nights like these!

We have finally been able to take Jordyn back to daycare after her being out almost all week last week. She got really sick with viral pneumonia and we needed to keep her home for her to heal up. We have been fighting off sickness at our home, first with Uriah getting croup, Jordyn and her illness and then I got sick last week and have hit day 6 of my cold. Jared has luckily been able to stay healthy, which is good because he has been taking care of the rest of us and helping me do chores around the house. I am very thankful that he hasn't gotten sick! We are about half way through the semester and things have slowed down for Jared a little bit, and that also helps free up some of his time. 
I realized that it had been a while since I had posted any pictures of the kids, so I went digging through my camera files and found some from the last month or so that I haven't shared yet.
One day, Jordyn's day care workers decided to put her hair in pigtails. I thought she looked so cute that I just had to get a picture.

Silly girl with pigtails!
Uriah and Jordyn love to bath together. They can make each other giggle a lot. 


Jordyn got some head bands from her aunt Lana for Christmas and we try to put them on her every once in a while, but she doesn't like them and immediately pulls them right off, so it's not very often that we get a picture of her wearing one.

Here she is getting ready for church. For the moment, she hasn't tried to take off her head band, but wait...
...yup! Off it comes!
I decided that Uriah needed more than one outfit to wear to church, so I went and got him a vest suit. 
Isn't he so handsome?! :)

In more recent news, we promised Uriah that if he could go all week at daycare without having any potty accidents, then we would let him pick out some fish to take home. I didn't think he could actually make it a whole week, and I thought that daddy's goal of a week was sort of unfair to Uriah, but he went a whole 5 days without having potty incidents at daycare, so on Saturday we took him to Petco and he helped us pick out a tank and some fish. Now we tell him that if he doesn't have potty accidents at school then he can feed the fish. He really likes to do that too. He likes to tell the fish good night before he goes to bed, and he likes to look at them when he wakes up in the morning. I knew he would like having them around!
Although life is hectic and work is busy, I am forever grateful to have my children. They always remind me that love is what's most important, and that worldly things and what the world thinks don't matter. God bless our little children.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love family nights!! Your kids are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete