22 February 2011

Twu Wuv

One of the best ways to show someone you love them is to do something they love, but that is so far out of your comfort zone that it freaks you out and you don't know if you can bring yourself to do it. Well, at least within reason. (^_^) I have been planning a surprise ski trip for Jared because he has been saying all winter how much he wants to go snowboarding. He has been snowboarding since he was a freshman in high school, but after he left high school he didn't get to go up as much as he wanted, and especially after we got married he didn't get to go very often because I would never go with him. My story is that I went skiing for a "citation free" party when I was in the 5th grade and I haven't been back since. So, as a late Valentine's Day gift for my hubby, me, my sister and bro-in-law took Jared up to Pomerelle for some fun. I was the only one skiing. I told him that I loved him, but not enough to learn how to snowboard yet (*_^) I was really nervous at first, but after going down the bunny hill twice I really felt like I had some pretty good control. We spent about an hour and a half on the bunny hill and then we went up the lift to ride down Milk.
I left my camera in the car, so the only pictures I could take were with my phone. Here is my hubby sitting next to me on the lift, looking as happy as can be. He really loved the trip, which made me very happy.  I am  glad that I did something unexpected and stepped out of my comfort zone
This is my bro-in-law chilling with me at the top of the mountain. We were waiting for Jared and my sis to get up to the top with us. After we were done skiing we stopped at a little grill in Albion and got some cinnamon rolls and some hot chocolate. The hot chocolate was delicious! Nothing warms you up from playing in the snow more than a nice cup of cocoa!
After realizing that skiing wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I think we might have to make a yearly trip up the mountain. Here's to doing things unexpected for the ones you love!

1 comment: