06 July 2010

Land of the Free

This last weekend was Jared's family reunion. We went camping at a place called Oakley Stake Ranch. It was a crazy, bumpy road up to a very nice and secluded campground in the mountains. We scraped the bottom of our car a few times, but thankfully nothing was ruined. We did get our car pretty dusty though. We even got our poor little hybrid stuck in some very soft dirt and we had to back up down the road and get a better running start at it.

This is the beautiful view of the Oakley valley from our camping spot. I loved being able to see all the circles and squares and shapes of the farm fields far below us. It is only a small piece of our country, but it reminded me that I am free to enjoy time in the mountains and to take pictures whenever I want to.
Grandma McCurdy set up a kiddy pool for the little ones to play in. Uriah had a good time playing in the water with his cousins.


The water was straight out of the hose and very cold, but Uriah didn't seem to mind. As long as he didn't have to sit down in it he was good!

These are some of Jared's family members up at the campground. We were all sitting around the fire singing and telling stories. Jordyn went from one lap...
...to another lap...
...to another. She got passed around more than any peace pipe I've ever heard of!
I was very thankful to Jared's family and for how much time they were willing to spend with Uriah and Jordyn. Everyone loved Jordyn so much, and I didn't mind when someone else wanted to carry her around. It definitely gave me some free time. I really enjoyed my long weekend. On Sunday night we watched the big fireworks from behind my sister's apartment and Uriah thought it was cool. He just kept saying" Wow, oh!, ah!Whoa!" over and over again, and he danced to the music that they had playing over the radio. It was so much fun.
Thankfully, we had Monday off to wind down and get caught up on some sleep. I love long weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment